Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I cannot get my Kindle Papperwhit to connect to my network.

Customer Question

I cannot get my Kindle Papperwhit to connect to my network. I know my password ***** ***** because I have checked with my provider. But my Kindle keeps rejecting it Please help
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Are you getting any errors when you connect to your network ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, just "password *****"
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That means you are using incorrect password. There is a way to make sure. Do you have any computer there connected to your WiFi network (not via cable) ?
If so, we can recover the correct WiFi password ***** it. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer is connected via cable however I had a disconnect from my Carrier and called to check. They gave me the correct password ***** my network.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
They usually don't have access to your personal WiFi network password. Not sure what password ***** have given to you. Before we troubleshooting, I want to make sure that you are using right password.
What is the model and make of your router ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My provider is Comcast (Xfinity) and my router is built into the Box which controls my network and phone
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Can we do a remote screen session, so I can remotely connect to your computer and help you directly to retrieve the correct password ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the correct password ***** "Seeingbugs#) without the ().
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

To start remote support session, go to this link or click this link --> http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f088771b-f248-4555-859e-0505066e51d2

An application named Elisinore Screen Connect will be downlaoded. Open it and let it connect.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you are able to connect to the WiFi after the router restart.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that. When I disconnected the router it also disconnected my computer and as I am an 83 year old woman who is fighting her second bout with cancer, I had problems getting up off the floor.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. Are you still unable to connect the Kindle to network ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still cannot connect. Is the password ***** short?. There was a message about thirteen characters.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No, it is not. For the security type of your router, the password ***** is only 8 characters.
Do you have any other device there that you can check and see if you are able to connect to your WiFi network ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Xfinity is unlocked. Could I use that? and if so, which password?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You have to use your network. Do you have any other device (smartphone or tablet) there to check the WiFi ?