Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I'm not computer literate - but the computer said go to you.

Customer Question

I'm not computer literate - but the computer said go to you. My computer has been bad since AT&T had problems.
1)I tried to log in buy using my password ***** then caused it to end up with "internal" problem.
2) My computer can not connect up with my printer because of a driver problem???
3) I was trying to send a message on my NEW I-phone but we won't go there...but it said I could because of my "IMAP" was right!! Can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear about so many problems having happened. Let's try to get through them.

First, I don't know what kind of computer you have - a Windows PC, or an Apple computer most likely - so please let me know.

Second, some of your problems sound as if you might have a malware, adware, or spyware issue - a login causing a crash or software breakage, and drivers not working, sounds somewhat like such an issue. So, if you do not have an anti-virus suite of good name and repute, I would advise you to obtain and install one on your computer. I'm not sure of which to recommend at this point since you may have either an Apple or a Windows PC as far as I now know - but I think Avast comes in Apple as well as Windows versions. Double-checking, I find that is indeed the case:

https://www.avast.com/en-us/free-mac-security

But tell me what security or anti-virus software your computer has on it, and what computer it is, and I will advise you further.

As for the printer driver problem, if the issue isn't a virus or malware problem, we will solve that quickly enough I feel fairly sure. Please tell me what maker and model of printer you have, and I will advise you further.