Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a Skyzone controller and a wireless network that does

Customer Question

I have a Skyzone controller and a wireless network that does not have WPS. How do I connect the system to my WiFi
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The SkyZone controller is for a Daikin ducted Air Conditioning system
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of your router?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My system is an Aruba wireless controller with access points. By the way, I am an Aruba engineer. Our systems do not support WPS.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I'm familiar with Aruba as well (authorized dealer/installer). I was not expecting you'd have this type of system, so was hopeful I'd be able to give you another way around it.

In your case there really is not, unless you'd be willing to connect an external AP or repeater. It may be worth buying a cheap netgear wifi extender that has wps support that you can pair to your existing network. As long as the extender is physically in a secure area, you could further secure the system with mac security or a different subnet, if there are security concerns about this type of off network device. Would that work for you? http://amzn.to/1M90EUi

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan,
I've solved it by building and running a one-time script on the Aruba controller. The script runs in the underlying Linux code that supports the Aruba CLI. I was hoping I could get a Daikin engineer that would help me configure the Daikin WLAN adaptor to save me the trouble.
In this case you were not able to assist. Please refund my payment.,
Kind Regards,
Con xxxx
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update, sorry I wasn't able to give more info, based on the original question detail.

I'm an independent tech though, and have no control over account/billing matters .You may contact customer service via the help/account page for that though.