Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I am staying with my sister in law in Ohio. Her laptop has

Customer Question

I am staying with my sister in law in Ohio. Her laptop has been locked by the Indian tech support scammers with a Syskey password. Is there anyway to bypass this??
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

try this please>

You can repair the syskey issue when created by scam call from tech support scammers> follow the steps below:

1. Boot from windows install cd.

2. When the Install Windows page appears, click Repair your computer to access system recovery options.

3. Run System Restore to last point before syskey password ***** access. (This will fail, but must be done). Click run system restore again (this will take you back to the options list)

4. Open Command Prompt from the options list.

5. Open Regedit (Type regedit into the command prompt). Regedit will open.

6. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa, and change 'SecureBoot' value to 0.

7. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SAM\SAM\Domains\Account Change F value to 0000

8. Reboot and Login

After reboot you will need to run -anti Spyware, Ad-Aware and Hitman Pro to confirm the pc is clean.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I think the comp came with windows pre loaded and she hasn't made a recovery disc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check in the morning. Fingers are crossed

okay, I have a download that you can use if you have a computer available to burn the recovery disc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her lap top does not have a functioning cd drive. Her e mail is***@******.*** could you send the file to her e mail and I will see if I can copy it onto a flash drive/ memory stick and try and boot from there. Thanks
I will get that to you asap.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy, I missed an l from her surname, the correct e mail is***@******.*** apologies! Tony

no problem. I will send that to the correct address.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has still not received an email so I cannot access the files and sort her computer. Her e address is***@******.***

sorry about that. I just went to the file direct link and attached her email address to the dropbox file directly.