Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

Can you set up to scan from a Konica Minolta Bizhub c253 via

Customer Question

Can you set up to scan from a Konica Minolta Bizhub c253 via remote
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Did you have a power outage or thunderstorm around the time the problem started?
If you are getting the message "no network connection" then the printer is not detecting a network connection.
Check that the network cable is securely connected to the printer. You should see some blinking lights around the network port where the cable connects to the printer. If you do not see any activity, try fitting a replacement network cable. If that does not help either, then the network card inside the printer is suspect and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** had no outage. I can still print wireless. It is only the scan. I had someone out who set me up to scan on my laptop as my desktop has been functioning since I got the unit in 2006. The laptop lost its capability when I moved out of the office to now my home office in 2013.This was only June 17th. They want to charge too much to come back. I already reset my wireless router, unplugged etc too.How would the network card be suspect if I can print wireless?
Are you able to connect remotely and do this? Or is this the end of my $26?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
The network card only affects wired connections.
Wireless connections are handled by a wireless adapter.
Did the scanner work wirelessly too?
I am not sure if connecting remotely will fix a hardware fault with the printer, if that is the case.
We can reply back and forth as many times as is necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have always printed wireless from the laptop. The Desktop has always functioned with wired connection. It is peculiar that the desktop is now no longer scanning since it always had. I had the technician out here to replace the transfer unit and imaging unit.I didn't need the scan set up on the desktop when they came just the laptop because it lost that capability when I moved the unit here to my home office in 2013. It still printed however, wireless. I don't know what he did when he was here. He was on both computers and even set up a co worker's laptop. When he left all 3 computers were scanning and printing fine. The co-worker lost connection to scan first. She takes her laptop with her, perhaps it lost it network connection.I will say I took my laptop out of the house to a neighbors in the same building and used his wireless connection for internet.After that is when I noticed I lost scanning capability on this laptop. BUT why would that affect the desktop too. Immediately I attempted to scan to the desk top and noticed it wasn't working either.This is my whole story.