Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

I Purchased a Kodak ESP Office 6100 series printer purpose

Customer Question

I Purchased a Kodak ESP Office 6100 series printer for the purpose of the wifi.
downloaded the CD, when I tried to print it says printer not detected need to connect to a usb cable cord. and then it would say which type of router do you have?
Finally yesterday microsoft was doing some work on my computer and when I inquired about the wifi printer the technician said I needed a USB adapter plugged into the laptop so that the printer could speak to the laptop.
My question is do you sell the USB Jack or should it have come with the printer? or will a universal USB Jack do. I would so appreciate your help in this matter as I have been hard connecting to print. Thank you***@******.*** Barbara Barger
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
You will not need any USB cable to set this up.
Please, follow the instructions below that I have typed up for you:
- On the printer screen, press the Home button.
- Press the down arrow to select "Network Settings", then press OK
- Choose WiFi Setup Wizard, then press OK
- The printer will search for the wireless network. Choose your Wireless network, then press OK.
- Enter your password ***** the screen by pressing the up, down, left, and right keys. You will cycle through letters and numbers by pressing up and down. You can press the abc/123 and ABC/123 to change back and forth between lowercase and uppercase. To enter punctuation or symbols, choose the!@# ***** and click ok.
- After it is all setup, you can run the installation CD once more. This time, select the option for Network Printer. It will locate the printer on the network and install it for you.
If you want any help, I can remote into your system and do all of this for you.
I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason will the cost be the $22 plus $35 or $35 total? Also I do no want to subscribe to a $22/mo program I just cannot afford at this time.
Can you please make sure they did not add that to my card. I will gladly pay you $35 to finally help me use the Wifi I have a bit of a dilemma cannot put my hands on the CD I have already downloaded the CD into my computer but your instructions said re- download. I have set up Wi Fi, choose wireless network, entered email address for password (is that too long?)We might have to postpone if I need that CD. I need to stop now I will be available Wednesday eve 5ish or Thursday afternoon
Thank You Have a Bless Day Barb
I can still remote in with no extra cost. Please, let me know when you are ready.