Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

How can I determine the IP address and port number in order

Customer Question

How can I determine the IP address and port number in order to connect via the Maintenance Console application?
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The equipment is TDA100 and TVA50, had the numbers reversed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
The IP address is assigned manually, using the Maintenance Console.
See pages 30-31 of the following guide for detailed information on how to find the IP address:
http://ict3.com/Data/KX-TDA100/Information_IP-PT.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great information and I have the password. How can I find out the IP address and port number so I can connect ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If you have a look at the Maintenance Console, can you see an IP address already displayed there? If not, you will need to enter one that is on the same range as your network.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My understanding is that we have to put the assigned address in the MC software in order to connect?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Yes you do, if it is not already put in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I find out what the IP address is so I can connect
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If the IP address has not already been entered, then you will need to enter one that is on the same range as your network. This depends on how your existing network has been set up and what IP addresses are free to use. Your network administrator will be able to determine this.
Alternatively, you could make up an IP address yourself - using a computer that is connected to the same network, open a Command prompt and type ipconfig then press Enter to find your computer's IP address. If your computer's IP address is shown as something like 192.168.80.7, then just change the last number to make up an IP address for your phone system, e.g. 192.168.80.8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The system has an ip address configured already and we used maintenance console to connect and configure settings for voicemail. The PC HD crashed and we had to reinstall maintenance console with NO information or settings ( it was configured already with the information). So we have another PC with a fresh Maintenance console install and cannot connect since we do not know the IP address and port number to use to connect. We have the password ***** need to understand what IP and port number to enter into the maintenance console software when trying to connect via TCPIP.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Is the PC a standalone PC, or is it connected to an office network with a server?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Office network.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so using a computer that is connected to the same network, open a Command prompt and type ipconfig then press Enter to find your computer's IP address.
If your computer's IP address is shown as something like 192.168.80.7, then just change the last number to make up an IP address for your phone system, e.g. 192.168.80.8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tried multiple ip addresses. My understanding is the address we are entering has to be the one that was configured in the system. So it must be the specific ip address in order to connect. We are not configuring the system we are trying to connect the maintenance console to the voicemail system in order to make changed to configuration.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried 192.168.0.1?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error: Cannot connect.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas at this ponit..
I'll see if the other experts have any idea.
Pete.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
You can run an IP Scanning Utility that will locate all the IP Addresses on your network.
From the list that it gives you, you can test each one to find out which one is the IP address.
The free scanning utility is found on the following website: http://angryip.org/download/#windows
I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not this helped.
I hope to hear back that it helped you locate the proper IP Address.
I will be standing by,
Jason