Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I want to connect my Vizio 28" SmartTV to my computer via a

Customer Question

I want to connect my Vizio 28" SmartTV to my computer via a USB connection. Input only shows RGB connection. How can I make this connection?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Vizio 28" SmartTV?
If your TV has a USB port, it is not for connecting to a computer, but it is for a different purpose. For connecting the computer to the TV, you would need to use the RGB port (or HDMI port.)
Can you please tell me what you are trying to accomplish?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to use my Vizio as a monitor to view email, Word, Excel and Access. Also what is an RGB connection?
RGB or VGA is a port type for connecting from computer to TV. What's the brand/model of your computer? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Acer Aspire laptop 5253-BZ480 series
Thank you. Can you please connect a VGA (RGB) cable from the VGA (RGB) port of the computer to the RGB port of the TV?
Or if there is an HDMI port on your TV, then you can connect an HDMI cable from the HDMI port of the computer to the HDMI port of the Tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to check out my computer, but can't at this moment. Can I continue this conversation tomorrow without an additional charge?
Yes, there is no additional cost; please get back to me tomorrow to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Viet, Paul
You're welcome. Please get back to me at this web page to continue tomorrow. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you,