Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I don't remember the userID to my E3200. Or my password, although

Customer Question

I don't remember the userID to my E3200. Or my password, although I have My WEP.
What should I do? my new laptop wants my 3200 user ID and Password ***** connect to my network
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.
The WEP key is all you need to connect to wifi on the E3200.The default username for the E3200 is admin and the password ***** ***** admin. If that does not work try this...Leave the User name blank. Type admin for the password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't tried that one yet. Give me 10 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work
"OK" button doesn't light up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a wireless question not a network issue because when I connect via cable no issues at sll.
Okay try this please.
move the mouse to the bottom or top right corner of the screen and select the cog icon labeled Settings. ...
Select the wireless icon.
Select your wireless network from the list.
Select Connect. Then enter the WEP key.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No wireless icon, only network in line items.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any more thoughts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer is ASUS zenbook UX305.
okay, this sounds like the wifi adapter may be disabled or off. Try this please>Open Network and Sharing Center by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering network and sharing in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Network and Sharing Center.
Press and hold or right-click the network adapter, and then tap or click Enable
If that does not work try this next please>
Step 1:
On the Start Screen, right-click the lower left portion to open the shortcut list and click Device Manager.
Step 2:
Look for Network adapters and click on the Flag button to expand. Right-click on the wireless network adapter and click Uninstall.
Step 3:
On the Confirm Device Uninstall window, check Delete the driver software for this device then click OK. Then reboot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done. Now?
try this please.
Select the wireless icon.
Select Connect. Then enter the WEP key.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No wireless icon
okay, try these steps please>Step one
Press the Windows key to bring up the interface, then type “Wireless". From here click and open the Settings icon located on the right hand side of the screen.
Step three
You will now see a list of wireless settings on the left hand side of the screen. The second option down will be a cog icon titled “Turn wireless communication on or off" - click on this.
Step four
From here you will have three options and you can individually turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, or enable Flight mode, which will turn off all Wireless connectivity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I have to go to dialysis now. Nothing came up on wireless
.will elaborate tomorrow.
no problem, let me know when you return.