Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

I have a steel hulled yacht with a mast top antenna. Before

Customer Question

I have a steel hulled yacht with a mast top antenna. Before I lost the mast in a storm, I had this antenna connected to a D-Link DWL-2100AP, set as AP client, which was cable linked to a D-Link G700AP, set as access point. It worked beautifully, I would connect to the 2100AP and do a site survey, select the link that I wanted, set my network adapter back to back to finding an IP address automatically and I had a WiFi environment on board.
I lost the mast in a storm and the DWL-2100AP was damaged. When I went to replace it I was told that the product was discontinued and that I should buy a product called ZyXEL G-570S. I have never been able to get the system to work again after endless hours of effort until I am totally confused.
Does D-Link not have a product/solution that I can use that does not require me to be a geek to set it up?
Thanks.
***** *****,
Yacht Enterprise
Location: http://www.vesselfinder.com/?mmsi=244130118
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. It looks like the 2100AP is still available in the US.
http://tinyurl.com/DWL-2100AP
The product is showing as In Stock. I'm not sure what shipping costs will be but Pinnacle will be glad to help you out.
I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.