Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Kevin, I have a switch that some lights are blinking and some

Customer Question

kevin, I have a switch that some lights are blinking and some arent. This is in a restaurant so it is causing all my pos terminals to not work. Also, my reservation system is not working. My wifi is up and running, as well as the direct connection to the main computer in the office. Could this mean a bad switch? It happened randomly this morning. Nothing new was added to the system
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! If the lights are not blinking on the switch then yes, there is no connectivity. You could try plugging in something to that port like a laptop to see if it works so we can rule out whether or not the switch is faulty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I also tried taking some wires out of the switch and plugging them into the wireless router..... they still didnt work does that help at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its just strange that the wireless works and so does the wired computer to the network but everything else doesn't... The point of sales terminals and the online reservation terminal are the most important components. My mac does not have a ethernet port... any other options?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?