Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Completed Initial setup with my computer Wi-Fi as my

Customer Question

Completed Initial setup with my computer Wi-Fi as my network with my email address as "*****@******.***" my name and area code 90248.
But could not view "You Tube" on my Google browser which is protected by Avast's "Internet Security" software. The icon of my default Wi-Fi network shows an icon of a lock.
I contacted the maker of the TWC's rented cable 'modem/router/Wi-Fi" and they said:
1 Set up a "port forwarding" for my TV by:
1.1 Contacting Vizio for a list of ports that need to be opened.
1.2 how to locate the IP of my TV (M322i-B1 32 inch).
2.With the above information I should contact TWC' (Times Warner Cable)
2.1 I should ask them to help me set up "port forwarding"
Fumio Serikawa
Category: Networking
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Visiting YouTube does not need port forwarding, if that were the case no website would work for you because they all run on the same port which is 80.It may be your browser's anti virus extension/add-on causing the problem.May I start a remote session so I can take a look at the problem and solve it for you now?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin