Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

This router is new, so why, after I've registered, do I need

Customer Question

This router is new, so why, after I've registered, do I need to pay money in order to get an answer to my NETGEAR router problem?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Netgear, in general, has relatively poor customer support. You can get free help from netgear, but it will require being on hold for hours working with a mostly incompetent overseas call center, or waiting up to a week for an email reply with an unhelpful scripted answer. In most cases they'll refer you back to your internet provider or computer manufacturer to defer the blame for any problems anyway. This is a paid support service you've signed up with to ask your question here, on justanswer.comI can help you, and you're getting the benefit of an expedient and accurate answer for a modest support cost, which is a fraction of what you'd pay for on site support from geeksquad, etc.If you can please give the details of your problem, I'll advise further.If you wish to cancel, you may contact customer service via the help page to request a refund of the deposit you've already paid.Nathan