Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

How do I change the SSID and Password ***** my EA N66R? cannot

Customer Question

How do I change the SSID and Password ***** my EA N66R? cannot locate the correct site!
Just changed my Modem and now have to change settings.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try the default ip address 192.168.1.1
Put the Internal IP Address of your Asus RT-N66R in the Address Bar of your web browser:
Then press the Enter key on your keyboard. You should see a dialog box pop up asking your for your Asus RT-N66R username and password.
Asus RT-N66R Default Username and Password
You need to know the username and password ***** login to your Asus RT-N66R. All of the default usernames and passwords for the Asus RT-N66R are listed below.
Asus Username is admin
Asus Password ***** *****
Enter your username and password ***** the dialog box that pops up.
You should now see the Asus RT-N66R Home screen.
If you still can not get logged in then you are probably going to have to reset your router to its default settings.To reset your router find the tiny reset button usually located at the back of the router.
While the router is on, use a pin or the end of a paper clip to press and hold the reset button. You will need to hold if for about 10 seconds.
Generally, you will want to wait for the lights to change on the router. Depending on the make and model of your router the lights may start out blinking and change to solid or they may start out solid and change to blinking.
When you let go of the reset button the router should be reset to the factory settings.