Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

I have a new canon powershot g7x, I set it up to connect through

Customer Question

I have a new canon powershot g7x, I set it up to connect through the wifi with my iphone and then my iphone broke. I have a new phone and have to set my camera to this new phone. How do I do that?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. You will simply have to go back into the Wi-Fi settings on the camera and connects to the Wi-Fi network that is set up on your phone as a hotspot. Basically there are two steps to this – the first is to make your phone a Wi-Fi hotspot. How you do this will depend on what exactly your new phone is, and it also must be provisioned as part of your cell phone account. If you are using the same account that you're using previously, that won't be an issue. In general, you need to go into the wireless settings and turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot on your phone. When you do that, you will be able to see the wireless network name that your phone is creating and you will be able to set up security if desired. Then, on your camera, you would go into the Wi-Fi settings and select that network that you just created on your phone. If you need more specific information, please let me know what model phone you have and I'll be happy to help. Mike