Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

Iam trying to connect my TELO VOIP phone system to my motorola

Customer Question

Iam trying to connect my TELO VOIP phone system to my motorola wireless modum 2D155 but the tech at TELO sain I need to get through the firewall on the modum. How do I do this.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Did the TELO tech tell you what ports needed to be open, or what port forwarding needs doing?
That would be a specific detail that you would need, to do the configuring of your 2D155 Motorola modem correctly.
It may be listed on Telo's website... but I would need to know your Telo VOIP box's maker and model #, first, please.
As for logging in to the modem's configuration utility - I suggest that you determine its base address by going to a Command Prompt (on a Windows PC that is connected to the modem) and entering this command:
ipconfig
and pressing RETURN, once, then looking in the results for the Default Gateway address, which might be something like 192.168.0.1... enter that address into your web browser's Address field, and access that address. You should get a popup prompt for a username (which would be
admin
almost certainly) and a password... which depends upon either how the password ***** been set, or on your modem's maker and model #... or might be on a label on the modem doubtfully.
Let me know what your modem's model # ***** ***** 2D155 doesn't actually bring up anything when I look it up under the Motorola name.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have solved my problem by moving my phone and directly connecting to the modum. Thanks for the help. I do not need a monthly tech service since I do not use the computer that much. Please bill me for the services rendered and not for monthly service.Thanks,
Karen
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Before I respond, please let me know how you would rate my Answer, please. Thanks.