Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a netgear powerline 500 with one port. Can I add other

Customer Question

I have a netgear powerline 500 with one port. Can I add other ports for other devices? If so, how do I obtain additional ports?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
You can if you get the exact adapter again
So if you again purchase the exact netgear powerline 500 again you can also plug these in and use these in addition to the ones you already have, anywhere in your house.
If you mean you want to make additional ports from the one port on the Netgear, you can then use any network switch such as this one here
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SG1005D-1000Mbps-Gigabit-Capacity/dp/B000N99BBC/ref=lp_281414_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1436976738&sr=1-2
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you