Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

Unable to start nested oracle virtual boxes. not sure what

Customer Question

Unable to start nested oracle virtual boxes. not sure what i am missing on my new server or if its configuration issues.
My other servers run virtual nested sessions flawlessly the newest server has 2 physical processors maybe its the source im not sure.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. When running fancy code (and virtual boxes certainly are that) on a computer, you need to consider1. what CPU chip or Processor type, the computer you're running it on has.and2. what code type the particular implementation of the fancy code is. Intel code won't run on an Apple (unless it has an Intel processor, of course), and so forth. So, consider what your code is supposed to run on, or: what is it compiled for? and then also consider what your processor type is, and see whether the two match. If they don't, you cannot run the code on that processor, simply. ...Until it is recompiled from source code into a form and format proper to run on that processor.