Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

How do I hook up cromecast to a dish hopper?

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Does your Dish Hopper have a HDMI input port?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So when I hook it up to set it up nothing comes up on the tv like it's supposed to
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, plug the chrome cast into this port, then set the dish hopper to this input port so its displaying it. Make sure the power is connected to the chromecase
Then on your S6 open your internet browser and go to
https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup
You can then go through the setup procedure for the chromecast device.
In order to use the device, make sure you have the Chromecast app installed on the S6 which you can get from the Play Store.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all of that and still nothing pops up on my tv to take me through the setup
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then your Dish Hopper is not having a HDMI input port else it would display, you need to connect it directly onto a HDMI port on the Actually TV itself.
Then you set it up VIA the S6, NOT on the TV, as per the instructions I just gave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv has only a hdtv-avi plug on it and the hdmi plug will not fit into it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do they make a adapter for the hdtv-avi plug?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then its not possible sorry to use Google Chromecast as you have to have a TV with a HDMI input port on it.
There are only two requirements for it. A HDMI port on the TV and a wifi network.
Without the HDMI port you need a converter but that only gives picture and no audio. The only real solution is to get a TV with a HDMI input port sorry (all TV's have this now).
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I just wasted 24 bucks to be told I need a new tv (and I know it's not your fault for that) just cancel my subscription and I will figure something out ...have a great day
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... I can only tell you the reality of it sorry.. I wish there was an alternative but if you use an adapter you only get picture and no sound and thats not what I think you want.
If your upset with me and do not wish to rate my service, that is of course up to you, and I am not compensated for working with you on this, just please bear in mind I can only tell you the situation sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So am I still going to be charged? And I don't have a problem with you...you have done all that you know to do ..thanks for that and I will give you a good rating.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You already made the deposit for my service from which I am compensated when you rate me. It is for my service you paid the deposit for which you received from me.
If you don't to pay for the service now you have the information you need on how to set it up and what requirements there are, then you go here for your refund
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
And you then get the answer for free and I am not compensated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for trying and have a nice day!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
sure