Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

Apple TV is asking asking password ***** my password

Customer Question

Apple TV is asking asking for the password ***** my password
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Are you trying to connect a device to the Apple tv?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Apple TV will not accept my password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why am i not getting an answer
Try this on the menu please> click on “Settings” from the main menu. On the next screen, click the “General” settings option. It will the very first choice. Once you’re on the “General” options screen, you need to scroll all the way to the bottom. Notice, there is an option to reboot your Apple TV gracefully (versus unplugging and plugging it back in).To reset you Apple TV however, choose the aptly-named “Reset” option. On the reset screen, you can cancel, completely restore the device to factory new, or if you just want to reset your accounts and configuration, you can choose the less destructive “Reset All Settings” option. Note, when you click “Restore” not only will your Apple TV be wiped clean, it will also download and install any available software updates. If your Apple TV will not rest, then restore it by connecting it to your PC and using iTunes to factory reset it.First, unplug your Apple TV. You still need to power it back up, but before you do that, make sure to plug a mini USB cable in the back of your Apple TV (right below the HDMI port) and then to a USB port on your PC. Once your Apple TV is connected, plug it back in. iTunes should open (if it’s not already running) and recognize it. Now you have two options, but since we’re here to fix it, we want to click “Restore Apple TV…” Confirm your intention by clicking the “Restore and Update” button. Once you do this, the latest version of the Apple TV software will be download and installed, thus restoring it to minty fresh condition. Once the process is complete, you can safely eject the Apple TV, and it should now boot after you reconnect it to your HDTV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reset it still not working
I'll call apple tomorrow
You can also try checking or resetting the password ***** myappleid.com