Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Our internet connection is working on all computers except

Customer Question

Our internet connection is working on all computers except one
Category: Networking
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
When did you first start having issues with accessing the Internet on the affected computer?
Also, could you let me know if you are connecting using WIFI or through a Local Ethernet connection?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just today. WiFi but have tried ethernet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
????
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I see, all right. So, what exactly happens when you try to connect to your WIFI network now? Do you get any error/message?
Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Media disconnected message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tried ipconfig etc , disabling firewalls but no success
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK, since this issue started just today, let's try carrying out a system restore first. Please press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to bring up the RUN box, and then press ENTER.
In the RUN box, type in "rstrui" (without the quotes) and press ENTER.
Does a System Restore window open up?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes system restore window opened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And now?
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Please select the "Choose a different restore point" option (if available) and click Next.
At the next screen, TICK the "Show more restore points" option, and then select a restore point dated BEFORE you first started having this issue with accessing the Internet.
Click Next > Finish. Allow the restore process to complete, and then restart your system normally.
Does this roll back the issue you are having? Do keep me posted.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not work
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, did the restore complete all right, or did it show up an error?
Also, what's the make and model of this computer, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It completed but didn't connect. Asus
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
What's the model number of the ASUS laptop (you can find it at the back of the laptop)? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model is x553m
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8 operating system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It must be this computer because other computers in house can conect
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'll look up and provide you with the network device drivers for your model now. In the meantime, please do this:
Press the Windows key + R to open up RUN, and then type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press ENTER.
In the Device Manager window, expand "Network Adapters". What devices are listed under it?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Qualcomm wireless network adapter AR9485
Realtek PCle
Tap windows x 3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tap windows adapter version 9Sorry and more which are hidden (6)
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I see, all right. Now, please right-click on each device listed under "Network adapter", and select "Uninstall". Check "Remove driver software" when prompted, and then uninstall the devices accordingly. After uninstalling all of the devices, restart your computer once.
Next, download the following driver files on your current system:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/LAN/LAN_Realtek_Win81_64_VER802903142014.zip
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/WLAN/WLAN_QualcommAtheros_Win81_64_VER1000287.zip
Save the two ZIP files to your system first, and then transfer the files to the affected system using a CD or a flash drive.
Now, open up the ZIP files and click "Extract All" at the top to extract the contents of each of the ZIP files to a location of your choice.
Finally, open up the extracted contents for each of the ZIP files, and run the "Setup.exe" file listed to install the drivers accordingly. Make sure to run the Setup file listed for both of the extracted ZIP files.
Finally, restart your computer one more time and check the issue.
Do keep me posted. Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, could you update me on the issue, please? Were you able to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, as requested?
Keep me posted.