Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

OCan't get my Wii to work after a four-day loss of internet

Customer Question

oCan't get my Wii to work after a four-day loss of internet service.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Are you getting a specific error code/message?
Are you using wifi or wired ethernet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
error code 50299. Using wifi.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried reentering code word, etc, and have unplugged wifi for several minutes and then plugged it back in. Still can't connect to Netflix.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
That code means that the network settings are missing or incorrect. Unplug power to your router for 60+ seconds as well as modem if you have a separate modem.Give them a minute to power back on, then do the same with the wii, then go back into the wii settings. Select your network, then "forget" to erase it.Power the wii off then back on again and reconfigure the wifi connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't understand. No separate modem. I will try uplugging the wii box again and going to wii settings again. Though I have tried this several times.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I"m not talking about just the nintendo, I'm referring to your wifi router which is different. If that still doesn't work, you'll need to make some adjustments to the router configuration next.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As faras I know kI don't have a wifi routerd. Just the Nintendo box, the wii box.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You have a router, or you would have never had a working internet connection for the wii previously.You'll need to find the router (wifi box, internet box, etc) and reboot it as I mentioned earlier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DO have the wifi box as I said earlier. That seems to be the only connection device. And I have unplugged it for severa minutes at a time. Now I am gtting error code51030
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
They are the same thing, wifi box = router. That is what I was asking you to reboot specifically, in sequence with the wii.Did you complete the exact process and sequence I mentioned earlier?If not, please start from the beginning and go through all the steps again, in order.The sequence and timing is important for it to work properly.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
code51030 means unable to connect to wifi - the nintendo isn't talking to the router.That means you're using the wrong network, wrong password, etc - or there may be a signal issue.That is why the earlier step of "forget" (remove) the old connection and re establishing it on the wii is important.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand, but there is no place in my setting to select "network"d.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Lets start from the beginning. You have to first clear out any existing network connections.Please CLICK HERE for step by step instructions
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Then you can set up a new network from scratch.CLICK HERE for those step by step instructions