IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have an Ipad and having trouble with my connection to Wi

Customer Question

I have an Ipad and having trouble with my connection to Wi Fi. I go to settings and turn on my Wi Fi but it will not stay connected. I have to reset it every time I turn it on or change views
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

I suggest removing the current WiFi network profile on your iPad and re-connecting to your WiFi network again which should solve the problem you are experiencing.
Here is how to do that:
1. On your iPad, go to the home screen
2. Tap on the Settings icon
3. In the Settings menu, tap on Wi-Fi
4. On the right side, tap on your WiFi network name
5. Now tap on "Forget This Network" located at the top. Confirm when asked
6. Now restart your iPad
7. After the restart, go back to the Wi-Fi menu and select your WiFi network to reconnect
8. Type your WiFi network password ***** case your network is password-protected. When connected, check if the Internet will now work and if you will stay connected
Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed instructions and seems to be working ok now
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK, good!
In case there is anything else I can help you with, let me know. I will gladly help you again.
Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance using the rating box with the stars located in the upper right corner.
Thanks,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I received your reply on the other question page. Please type all replies here.
Once you have re-connected to your WiFi network, the iPad will remember that network and will automatically reconnect. You don't need to manually turn on or off the WiFi every time - that was only needed for removing the WiFi network profile in order to solve the problem.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
You can restart your iPad and you will see that it will automatically reconnect to your WiFi network.
I am here for further assistance, if needed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.
If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box located in the upper right corner of the page (box with the stars).
Thanks,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Were you able to read my messages sent to you?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please write your comments here.