Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I had to restore my labtop back to factory settings and now

Customer Question

I had to restore my labtop back to factory settings and now I cant connect without using the ethernet cord. Im so lost.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
You will need to reinstall the wireless network adapter and driver. What is the brand/model of your laptop please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Dell Studio 1737
okay, thank you. Please connect the Dell with an etehrnet cord and the go to go to this link from the Dell>http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/studio-1737/driversThen click on the Modem communication, then select the wifi adapter.,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attempted to find my communications modem on the website and was not positive. what i did find, i tried to download. the specs from the manual are that the modem type is External V.92 56K USB Modem?
Dell Wireless 5730 VZW Mobile Broadband Mini Card ApplicationView detailsDELL_WIRELESS-5730-VZW-MOBIL_A00_R239700.exe | Hard-Drive (503 KB)Modem/Communications|Release date 15 Sep 2009|Last Updated 05 Mar 2014|RecommendedVersion 1.0.0,A00 Download File