Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

Reason my smart sony brava tv won't connect to my

Customer Question

for some reason my smart sony brava tv won't connect to my iphone to gain internet access
on my phone it shows the padlock symbol and asking for a password ***** be able to connect to the phone wifi
Beats me I haven't a clue on the password
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. What is the brand/model of your phone please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no idea why it is asking for a password

Its been working fine as far as connecting to our phones but now its decided to ask for a password ***** our phone

Okay, the hotspot may have been updated and now requires a password. What type phone do you have ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

iphone 4s

Go to Settings > Personal Hotspot to view your password. You can try a reset of the TV if the password ***** the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.Plug the power cord back in to the electrical outlet.IMPORTANT: The TV should turn on automatically. If it does not, go ahead and turn it on. While the TV is turned on, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet as before.Allow the TV to remain without power for another minute.Perform a factory reset. After a picture or display information appears, wait two seconds and then press and hold the up arrow button on the remote control.IMPORTANT: Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and center of the TV.While holding the up arrow button, press and release the Power on button on the side of the TV. Resetwill appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.NOTE: If the reset procedure does not start immediately after the picture or display information appears, the reset will not work properly. In this case, start this procedure again. Release the up arrow button on the remote control and wait for the TV to reset.NOTES:If the Reset message does not appear and the TV turns off and on, begin again from step 5.If the standby light begins blinking eight times, return to step 1.After the Reset message appears, allow the TV to reset. Do not press any buttons on the remote control or on the TV and do not make any other adjustments for 1 minute.Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.Allow the TV to remain without power for 10 seconds.Plug the power cord back in to the electrical outlet.Turn on the TV.NOTE: The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial set up.IMPORTANT: If the reset did not complete successfully, disconnect all devices from the TV and turn or disable the network connection then repeat the procedure from step 1.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mate

Thanks for your help

But in the end for your records
This particular TV required a Sony dongle toke it more efficient with picking up hotspot from my iPhone 4s
Okay, thank you.