Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I had new carpet put in today and everything was unpluged and

Customer Question

I had new carpet put in today and everything was unpluged and now I have no phone or TV service. My internet is working fine.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Having things unplugged by workers in your house can lead to problems, for sure.
Do you just need to be guided toward plugging everything up together again properly? or is there some function that is now missing even when all are plugged together again?
In outline:
- to restore TV operation, connect signal source (antenna, cable box, etc.) to TV's cable input. (If there are two cable jacks on the back of the TV, then connect to the one marked 'Input'.)
- to restore phone operation, connect the phone line to the jack marked 'Line' on the phone or phone handset. (If you have not just one phone, or a phone plus other devices such as an answering machine, this process becomes a little more involved. So let me know how many devices you have, that are involved with the TV service and what sort of TV service it is, and let me know what sort of phone service you have also, and I will guide you through the details.)