IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Sure...I'm trying to set up my netgear WNDR3300 as a repeater...the

Customer Question

Sure...I'm trying to set up my netgear WNDR3300 as a repeater...the menu seems easy enough...
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Remember that, in configuring a range extender, one has to set it to the same SSID as the WiFi router one is trying to extend.And also, the encryption code must be the exact same type (not just WPA, for instance, but if the main router is WPA-PSK, then the extender must be WPA-PSK too. This requirement may even extend to revision level, so if a router is very new and an extender is much older, it may not work.Another point: range extenders must actually be within range of the main router. So check on that also, by trying to access the main router (after turning Off the range extender altogether, and unplugging it) from that same position with a wireless-equipped laptop, and see if it has a reasonably strong signal, of at least two bars I would recommend (though only one green bar *might* work reliably.)Let me know how it goes, and what you find out, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I regret that I cannot offer a live phone call at this time, so I have Opted Out, with apologies. Thanks.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Have you already run the extender setup? If so, did it finish or you encountered problems?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
Do you still require assistance with this issue?
Let me know,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Were you able to read my messages sent to you?