Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I'm trying to set up a workaround to a split tunneling restrictio

Customer Question

I'm trying to set up a workaround to a split tunneling restriction on a VPN, by setting up a virtual machine and then routing traffic through it.
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!I need to step away from my workstation for about an hour, can we pick up then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes... but do you know how to do this?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Well, most likely, what software are you using for the VM and how are you setting up the VPN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, to give you a little bit of background, I am the administrator of my network (DIGITAL), and am trying to establish an Active Directory Domain Trust with another network (SCHOOL) which I do not administer. SCHOOL is the network for a school system that hired my company to build a SaaS service to help them manage their data. So, I understand that there must be VPN tunnels in both directions in order to establish the trust. SCHOOL's VPN does not allow split-tunneling. So, from what I have read, a way around this is to create a virtual machine, connect the virtual machine to SCHOOL's VPN, then establish routing in the domain controller for DIGITAL so that DIGITAL's computers can reach SCHOOL's computers, without routing all of DIGITAL's traffic through SCHOOL. I've set up the virtual machine and connected it to SCHOOL's VPN. I'm stuck on the routing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My servers are on AWS, and I created an instance just for this purpose.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
What device are you using to do the routing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows Server 2012R2
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
I see. Unfortunately this a bit more complicated then the value of this question, so I am going to opt-out to allow another expert to try to assist you. They will be able to read the description you posted above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I cannot get help, will I get my money back?