Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I cannot get Netflix to hook up to my wii console wireless.

Customer Question

I cannot get Netflix to hook up to my wii console wireless. I am using an xfinity router that Comcast sent. My internet on my computer works fine and Netflix was working and seemed to stop for no reason. Can you walk me through the connection process?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, Please try one of these solutions : Solution 1 : Remove the power from your wireless modem and router. Plug the power back into both devices, starting with the modem.From the Wii Menu, select "Wii" in the lower-left corner, and then select "Wii Settings." Use the arrow on the right to move to the second page, then select "Internet," followed by "Connection Settings." Last, select your connection file, and the select "Connection test."Solution 2 : Set up a new connection file making sure the Wii is attempting to connect to the appropriate wireless network and is receiving a strong wireless signal. let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done both of those things several times with no success.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The equipment that Comcast sent me is a modem and router built into one unit
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Please try to change your network settings by following these steps : http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1641/~/how-to-manually-enter-ip-address-settings If you need further help, please reply back to me and i will glaldy continue to help thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not help
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
ok Please let me open your question to other experts, If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email. regards
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please confirm if your Wii console is unable to access the Internet at all, or it can, but only Netflix is not working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says that it cannot connect to the internet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Netflix is working on my computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Please go to the Wii Settings > Internet > Connection Settings. Select your WiFi network name there and delete it.
After that, unplug the Wii power cable as well as the router power cable. Leave both devices unplugged for about 1 minute.
After that, re-plug both of them. Wait for about 2 minutes until the Internet connection is restored - you can verify that on your computer. Go back to the Wii Settings > Internet and connect to your WiFi network.
Once connected, check the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change. it still will not connect to the internet
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
This could be a problem with your Wii console since the instructions I provided should work.
You will need to contact the Wii / Nintendo support and report a problem so they can check what seems to be the cause of the problem.
Are you able to contact them?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!
I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance.
Have you contacted the Wii / Nintendo support yet?
Let me know,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Were you able to read my messages sent to you?