Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I like to know how to put a wifi access point on my home network.

Customer Question

I like to know how to put a wifi access point on my home network. I have my router on one side of the house, but the wifi signal will not get through the other side. I have a Power line adapter connected to my router and the other end is on other side of house and My tv is connected to it. that works great. but I like to get a wifi in room where tv is for other devices. what equipment do I need that I can plug into the power line and provide me with the wifi I need? I hope I made myself clear .
Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Which Power-line adapter do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Belkin video link
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I reply to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea what is going on. I was talking to josh and then a james ask question and I do not know how to repy to him. I feel I was just screwed out of $20.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I apologize -- I am here. I am replying back to you right now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will you be replying here are sending me an email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I am replying here. You have a couple of options; I would suggest purchasing a Power-Line adapter with built-in Wi-Fi or buying a repeater. Do you have a certain budget for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
like to keep it under $100
I did not know a power lne had built in WIFI
What is a repeater
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
A repeater will take your Wi-Fi signal and repeat the signal with better strength to the other side of the house so you would put the repeater in the middle of your house and it would enhance the signal to the other side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that will not work. I was hoping for something I could plug into my powerline to get wifi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for nothing have a good day. looks like I wasted my $20
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
We are still working on the issue. You can plug a router into the Power-Line adapter that you have currently and use that router for wireless