Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I just purchased Linksys EA3500 Router......Best Buy told

Customer Question

I just purchased Linksys EA3500 Router......Best Buy told me it was really easy to set up...WRONG
I was able to set it up for my MacBookPro but when I try to connect my wireless printer Or my IPAD it finds the wireless name but keeps telling me I'm putting in wrong password?????
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, Please try to reset your router by following these steps : First Find the tiny reset button usually located at the back of the router.While the router is on, use a pin or the end of a paper clip to press and hold the reset button. You will need to hold if for about 10 seconds.Generally, you will want to wait for the lights to change on the router.(the lights may start out blinking and change to solid or they may start out solid and change to blinking.)When you let go of the reset button the router should be reset to the factory settings.Your new (default) Password ***** is : admin or 1234 or "blank" (no password) Let me know the results please Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Has everything worked out please?