Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My cisco valet m20 is sending out a signal, and even though

Customer Question

my cisco valet m20 is sending out a signal, and even though my pc says it is internet connected, (I am able to connect via ethernet cable from my isp modem), I am not able to connect to the internet.
I have shut down all devises, the modem and the router andrestarted them according to cisco instructions. I have loaded the latest firmware for the router and nothing has helped.
I
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Please clarify one point about your question:- is the problem that your web browser cannot bring up any web pages?- or is it something else? Also, please let me know (for convenience in giving you instructions) what Windows version is on your computer. And also, if you can please open a Command Prompt, and enter this command: ping yahoo.com and press the RETURN key, once. This should bring up a response of'Pinging yahoo.com [XX.XX. etc. etc] [and so forth]'if your computer has an internet connection that is usable, and has DNS access also (never mind what that is, for the moment.)Tell me what response comes on the Command Prompt window just after the place where you entered the 'ping' command, and I will advise you further. Thanks.