Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I just installed the Amazon TV stick and need further help.

Customer Question

I just installed the Amazon TV stick and need further help. My TV is a PC Samsung.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
Plug the small end of the USB power cord into the Fire TV Stick device and the other end into the power adapter. Then, plug the power adapter into a power source.
Note: It is recommended that you use the power adapter and plug it into a power outlet. Although some TVs have USB ports, there may not be enough power for Fire TV Stick to work properly.
Plug the Fire TV Stick into an available HDMI port on your TV. If needed, you can use the included HDMI extender to ensure your Fire TV Stick fits securely into your TV. The HDMI extender may also improve your Wi-Fi connection. To use the HDMI extender, plug the Fire TV Stick into the HDMI extender, and then plug the HDMI extender into an available HDMI port on your TV. If your TV has more than one HDMI port, remember the number of the port into which you plugged your Fire TV Stick.
Turn on your TV and select the applicable HDMI input.
Insert the 2 AAA batteries into the Amazon Fire TV Remote.
Push in on the line on the back of the remote and while doing this, slide the battery door down.
Insert 2 AAA batteries and put the door back in place.
After you insert the batteries, the Amazon Fire TV Remote automatically becomes “discoverable” and will automatically pair with your Fire TV Stick. If your remote isn’t discovered, press the Home button for at least five seconds, and then release it.