Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I received the Kindle Voyage today. I cannot connect to our

Customer Question

I received the Kindle Voyage today. I cannot connect to our WI FI network. Can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
Have you forgotten the password ***** your WIFI network itself? Do you get any error when trying to connect the device to WIFI?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put the password ***** our network each time I try to connect. Still won't connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says there is an error when I try to connect.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see, this might have something to do with your router's settings that's preventing you from connecting the device to the router.
May I set up a quick remote session (no extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the router settings from your system?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3045ab6a-2a4b-464d-923f-c13121719f25
Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)
OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.
If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.
Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my apologies - we seem to have inadvertently gotten disconnected after changing the WIFI password. Do leave me a reply when you are back on, and we will take this further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry! I am eager to see your last message.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
It's my fault; please accept my sincere apologies. Now, were you able to re-connect your computer to WIFI using the new password ("mynetwork") all right?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to connect my Voyage Kindle
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please try connecting your Kindle device to WIFI now, using the new password (mynetwork); does it connect all right this time, or show up the same error?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says wrong password
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, that's odd - could you let me know what password ***** you use this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mynetwork
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let's get started with another remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=46ccd32f-9643-426e-883d-ae5340d43ca2
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not open the link on my phone and our computer will not connect to the Internet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The computer says we are not connected to a network.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, please do this on the computer now:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center, and then click on the "Manage wireless networks" link at the LEFT side.
Right-click on your network listed, and select "Remove network".
Next, click on the network icon (which you use to connect to WIFI with) at the bottom-right corner of your screen, and try connecting to the WIFI network one more time. Try both the new as well as the old password ***** prompted for a password.
Done that, let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the changed password ***** our computer?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we will need to update the new password ***** the computer now - please carry out the steps directed in my previous reply, and let me know how it goes. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see anything on the bottom right of the screen.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No issues; I have included a screenshot for you now, as follows:

Do you see this icon at the bottom-right of your screen?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see twifi at the bottom right
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, click on that icon, and then connect to your WIFI network listed. Try both the old as well as the new WIFI password ***** prompted. Let me know after you are able to connect, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I click on "connect automatically when this network is In range"?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please check that option and then click "Connect". Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see "connect"
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that indicates that you are already connected now. Please check - are you able to access the Internet using the computer now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm; click on the WIFI icon at the bottom-right one more time; do you see your WIFI network listed?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you still there? Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am restarting the computer now. Hope that works. I see our network listed I think. Yes I am here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I add the network I see?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay; after restarting the computer, please click on the WIFI icon one more time, and click on your network and click "Connect". When prompted for a password, try the new password (mynetwork) and if it does not work, try the old password ***** were using earlier. Let me know how it goes, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, did you get my last reply?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, it looks like you are not receiving my replies; did you get the following reply I sent you earlier:
Okay; after restarting the computer, please click on the WIFI icon one more time, and click on your network and click "Connect". When prompted for a password, try the new password (mynetwork) and if it does not work, try the old password ***** were using earlier.
Let me know how it goes, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The name of the network at the top is not right!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, so you are unable to see your WIFI network listed now? What's the name of the network listed as, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any place to connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attwifi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is supposed to be Att5095
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay; please go ahead and click on that network now - do you see an option to "Connect" show up?
Also, is there any way you could connect this computer directly to your router using an Ethernet cable so that I can remote in and fix the WIFI issue for you?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see "connect". As for the Ethernet cable I don't think we have one. My husband is getting furious that I removed the I other network name.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you DOUBLE-click on that network now, what happens? Also, to make sure that we are on the same page here, please check out the following screenshot:
https://docs.math.osu.edu/files/6413/0713/4169/7-wireless-1.jpg
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This computer is downstairs and our router is upstairs. I could use the upstairs computer tomorrow and chat with you agan.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, did you receive my last reply?
Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I double click on it it takes me back to the same page when I just click on it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, this is getting tricky here. Yes, let's continue this tomorrow, since it must be getting late at your end as well. In the meantime, I'll open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist you further with this issue.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need to get the other network back. Is there any way?
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed network professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have an extra ethernet/network cable?
Are you able to continue right now? I can try to fix this issue quickly.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,