Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

I HAVE A SONY BDPBX18 BLU RAY. WE HAD DIRECT TV AND JUST SWITCHED

Customer Question

I HAVE A SONY BDPBX18 BLU RAY. WE HAD DIRECT TV AND JUST SWITCHED TO TIME WARNER CABLE. I CANNOT GTHTV INOUR GARAGE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. THE SCREEN WILL NOT COME UP FOR ME TO ENTER THE NEW ROUTER INFO. I HAVE LINKSYS ETHERNET BOX ALSO CONNECTED TO THE BLU RAY.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Internet settings does scan for wifi. It works well in family room. ISP says they cannot help me. I have to see what is wrong with my blu ray. I checked the manual and did everything it told me to do but nothing. Everything is the same. The router info cannot be placed into the this vizio tv. I even changed the HDMI cord.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Internet settings does NOT scan for any wifi available
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .For other billing inquiries phone # ***** being said ;There is a simple reason why you cannot find the wireless , this bluray is wired only , no built-in wifi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really hope someone can answer me for $24.00.
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.
Did you see what I wrote above ?
here it is again ;
There is a simple reason why you cannot find the wireless , this bluray is wired only , no built-in wifi
That's the reason it does not scan for wireless networks
In other words you would need a separate wifi/wireless adapter and that very likely would end up costing more than buying another bluray with wifi built-in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Linksys attached to the bluray. It also received Pandora when we had Direct TV. Now that we have cable we no longer get it.
Expert:  teccar replied 1 year ago.
Internet , satellite and cable are 3 different thing .
What I means is that whatever you were getting as internet had nothing to do with cable tv or satellite.
You changed your provider but the internet is the same so this should not have any bearing on the router or the service provider , Pandora is an internet streaming service.
Is that the only thing missing ?
When you opened this post you were asking about wireless /wifi !
I will opt out now and let other techs look at your questions .
You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya know Jack you didn't answer my question. I just want to know why I can't pull up the screen that allows me to input the new router info. My new name and password ***** the TWC router. How do I get that new info to my bluray??
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
You stated that you had a "Linksys" attached to the BluRay device. May I ask for the full model name of the Linksys device?
What is the distance between the wireless router and the Linksys device that is plugged into the BluRay player?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The distance is about 120 feet. It is just a small Linksys /Cisco box.
What is the model name of the box? That is what I need?
If the player and the Linksys box is closer to the router, will it work? I ask because 120 feet may be too far of a distance.