Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., System Administrator
Experience:  Ten plus years of working experience in the field of computers and networks. Familiar with windows and Linux networking.
50064670

I have an Acer Aspire OneD270-1824 and I completely forgot

Customer Question

I have an Acer Aspire One
D270-1824 and I completely forgot my password.
How can I start using it again.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questions. I will be more than happy to assist you today. What password ***** you forgotten the windows password ***** the computers password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen comes on without any problem. Getting beyond is the problem.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
Are you getting the Windows login screen to enter the windows login password ?
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I get to the login screen.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, restart the computer. Press and release the F8 key continuously when system starts. You will get an Advanced Boot menu. Select Safe Mode with command prompt from there and press Enter. Wait a little to complete the boot process. Now you will get a black command window screen.
Type the command
net user administrator /active:yes
and press Enter. Now you will get a message that says Command completed successfully. Restart the computer. You will get an option to login as Administrator. Click on it and login as Administrator.
Now open control panel. Go to User Accounts and reset the password ***** your other user account.
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work. When I boot in safe mode with command prompt, It still asks me to login the password ***** I don't know.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, do you have the Windows installation disk ? If so please check
http://www.howtogeek.com/96630/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-windows-password-the-easy-way/
and follow the step by step instructions.
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have the windows installation disk.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Okay no problem. Follow the instructions on the following page:
http://www.howtogeek.com/96805/how-to-reset-your-windows-password-without-an-install-cd/
Regards
Jins