Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Property has two separate networks from 2 isp providers. Wanting

Customer Question

Property has two separate networks from 2 isp providers. Wanting to combine network in order to eliminate one isp provider. Do I connect the network as a router behind router setup and keep the networks separate or do I combine the network to make it one big wired and wireless network?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.
One network, which ever ISP you remove is going to be left alone, its now the gateway, one the other router you need to log on to the GUI, do a google search for instruction on it, or see the manual, its really easy. What you want to do on the router that no longer has its own isp is turn off DHCP, which forces it to be a switch and a wireless hub. Thats all you need to do! hope i helped. Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was instructions already have received by searching online. You need to give me more specifics. When doing this the network that is becoming a switch and wireless hub has security cameras on that connect to ddns service and is currently port forwarded. Upon doing what you explained what steps need to be taken so that the network is down for the minimum time possible. I'm a technician with the local cable company and figured a Certified Network Technician would give me an elaborate answer like those in your profession normally do without being getting compensated. I need a checklist and a step by step in order to have said router able to handle this REALLY EASY task that you say it is.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.
the port forwarding should not change, the cameras will pick up IP and should work, if you are worried you can assign them static IPS on the gate way, but i don't think there will be an issue. Your down time should be about 10 minutes if that, i dont know which router your using so i cant give you step by step, but finding the DHCP settings should be fairly easy. sorry you seem to not like my answer, i'' be happy to let others give it a shot. Tim