IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

After Viet printer again. I had to turn off

Customer Question

HI, after Viet for my printer again. I had to turn off printer (also have to turn off in a few weeks time), and lost wifi connection with belkin router. So need the re-connection and given instructions so I can try to do this in the future on own. .
Category: Networking
Expert:  MichelleNetwork replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
If you are facing this problem every time that means your printer is out of wifi sync.
Best way to over come and get a parmanent fix you will have to follow the steps given below.
1. power off the printer and then uninstall the printer driver from the computer after doing this reboot the computer.
2. Once the computer is rebooted then you have to download the latest version of printer driver from the link given below and install it.
you will get a prompt to power on the printer then you power on the printer and select wireless installation and you will be up in running.
There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
if you Would like me to remote connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michelle,Thanks for your email. I have requested Viet for this because I have already been down the path of resolving this complex issue, it was time consuming and a technical problem. I am more than happy for you to resolve this issue, but on the condition that you discuss my prior history with Viet before costing more time and money for something that ,may not be achievable. Given the high workload to resolve the problem last time, I am sure Viet would have originally attempted to leave this system set up for me to switch the printer on and off as required, but he told me to leave it on. . So, can you contact Viet to get up to speed on the issue - then if you still believe you have superior skill set and believe he has missed something and you can resolve the issue, then you are welcome to go down that path remotely as obviously it is the best outcome, but I am not sure this is possible. Regards
Tracey
Thank you for the reply. i see you requested for one particular expert however when our customer posts a question the question is answered immediately by any experts so that the customer dont have to wait for a solution in case the requested expert is offline on not online.
It is good that you have confidence in getting your problem fixed with the expert you have already worked with and would like to work further however the experts working for jutsanswer are all equally or more skilled on specific categories so you may continue with any one of the experts working on your issue. If you want i can opt out of this question and you may wait for the experts you have requested for. Please let me know if you have tried the steps i gave that would fix the printer problem and if not i can provide you a remote assistance as well. Please let me know what would you like to do.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michelle,Well, I can see you are convinced this is an easy solution, I do hope so, however my earlier experience with Viet and this printer tells me otherwise, however see my concerns/requests below;.Should you be unsuccessful in establishing a connection to sync the wifi, then
1. can I expect a refund for the extra service that could not be provided?
2. can i have you go through the manual process remotely (uninstal/install etc) to ensure that I can connect wifi myself as per my original request and instructions you provide under this original payment, unless it was Viet confirming that these instructions will work, I do not have any confidence to go away and do this myself and expect it to work.
Please don't think I am having a go at you professionally, I suspect it is not going to be straight forward for you , but I do hope I am wrong.with regards
Tracey
i will open the question on open pool and you may wait for the expert you are requesting for. If you want to opt for a remote assistance i can fix it for you however the price for remote assistance would be $60 in addition. problem not fixed will be a 100% refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for you time Michelle, i will wait for Viet, the job took a good 4 hours over x days last time. i just don't want to keep paying new technicians to arrive to the same point. I sure you understand.
i will opt out and you can wait for the expert you are requested for.
Thank you.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro.

I contacted Viet to let him know you are looking for him, but he responded he wouldn't be available for assisting you.
Another Expert can help you, such as myself or Michelle. Let me know if you agree to that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi IT Miro,thanks for getting back to me and for taking time to get to Viet. I think Viet response of no assistance to me speaks volumes. Clearly he understands that the fix is not a simple task and the work involved does not meet the pay - and as I suspect, is a lot more difficult than suggested by Michelle earlier of an uninstall/install
I seem to be in a position, where I am going to be paying $100 for you to remotely connect my printer, and then I am in the same position in 2 weeks time when I have to turn it off to move house.
I cannot afford to spend about $100 US every time my printer has to be turned off and back on again.
Do you have a solution - so that I do not have to rely on you each time i swtich on and off.kind regards
Tracey .
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Tracey!
My first suggestion would also be uninstall/install, however, when I read the whole conversation from the first question page:
http://www.justanswer.com/printers/8zgu9-change-external-modem-ethernet-connection.html
I realized that simple uninstall/install doesn't seem to be helpful.
Thanks for offering me $100 to fix this printer problem, but for the same amount, you can get a new printer.
When such strange problems happen, we need to find out what the cause of the problem is. So far, it could be either your computer or the printer.
So, do you happen to have another computer where you can check if the printer will work, both with USB cable and wireless connection?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
If you still require assistance with this printer issue, let me know.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going back to shop I purchased to find out why I cannot get the usb connection to work (broken port?) stand by
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
Have you tested the printer on another computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Miro,
I have decided I am just going to buy another printer, i have already spent its equivalent value in USB cords to troubleshoot, online help, having to lose time going up the street to pay for printing ...... Had a good 10 years with all other printers in past without external help, so is the best plan.
Regards
Tracey
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Is the printer still under warranty and have you tested it on another computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lent my desktop to some uni students and I don't have access to the building where it is atm, so haven't been able to test, but yes, it would be under warranty as fairly new. Didn't think of that, as past experience has shown that warranty is only good for products that don't break! but, if not too much of a headache, will pursue!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Good! If the printer is still under warranty, then don't but a new printer just yet. Report the problem to the Epson support or take the printer to the shop you bought it from, so they can either repair it or replace with the same or another printer.
Just make sure to describe the problem in details and let them know that one or more computer experts have already helped you, but the printer still stops working.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!
In case you require any other assistance, let me know. I will make sure to help you.
Regards,