Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My iphone is not receiving the WI Fi symbol so will not connect with m

Customer Question

my iphone is not receiving the WI Fi symbol so will not connect with my WI FI. My wife's phone which is the same model will connect.
At some point on my phone it asked me to provide a password, which I did. But it will not accept the password. And now i do not even get the WI FI symbol on my phone.
I would appreciate your help!!!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Which iPhone is it (5, 6)?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i phone 6
Go to Settings
Tap Wi-Fi and tell me if it's green?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
in settings the wifi is turned on and is green
Do you see your wifi name under it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it shows 3 networks
Do you see yours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
these are all 3 mine
The only reason then why it wouldnt connect is because the password ***** entering is incorrect. And 3 means, either 3 routers or two routers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have only one netgear router.
The networks are named:
OverLandNumber2
OverLandNumber5
HP_Print-5C-Officejet 4630
Okay, so the first two are the ones you need to connect to, the last one is your printer.
We need to check the password. How are you connected to your router from the computer/device you're talking to me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Coax from wall to netgear router, then coax to ***** adapter, then with ethernet wire to computer and another ethernet wire to modem
Okay. So that means computer is wired. we need to get into router settings to view the password.
Please open command prompt, and type ipconfig and tell me what the default gateway ip is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do I bring up the open command prompt
Hold windows key and press R
type cmd and click ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am using google chrome, I don't see any windows key
This key is on the keyboard. May i connect remotely and do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you can go ahead and connect but only if I am not charged the extra fee. I have already been online for over 1 1/2 hours and am running out of patience.
I am doing my best to help you and if i connect remotely, then this would be an additional charge (regardless of the hours it will take me to help you fix the issue). What ever we have done so far is based on the scenario we are in, i would have given you answer straight away to let you know that your password ***** ***** but i am taking you through all the steps with intentions to make it work and resolve your issue. If remote is not acceptable, then we have to continue here.
You can also click start and hit run, then in run dialog type cmd and click ok to open command prompt.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I feel like am really getting scammed. I am going to discontinue this help session, as you are entirely too slow and incompetent. Please let him know!!! I am sure he would like to know!!! Don't bother to bill me, as you have done nothing but waste my time!!
Apologies for the inconvenience. I will request this to be cancelled. Thanks