Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Maxtor drive visible on network w IP address (can ping) and

Customer Question

Maxtor drive visible on network w IP address (can ping) and Maxtor management software sees the drive. but I can't map to it in widnows 7, using \\{drivename}\{shareName} but am getting "network path not found"
Category: Networking
Expert:  arsufi replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected. By the way, do you have a second machine and able to MAP Maxtor drive ?(Becauz i just need to confirm Maxtor drive end is fine.)You may also check the network properties and share me the details..1: Open Network Connections window(Click Start > on search type ncpa.cpl press enter key)2: On Network connections window. choose your network adapter (If you connect via LAN then choose Local Area Connection adapter or if you connects via wireless choose Wireless Network Connection )3: Right click your Network adapter > click Properties > Under Networking Tab, you can see the connections used by this adapter, please share the connections.. Please replyThanks