Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My Dell V715w AIO printer constantly loses communication with

Customer Question

my Dell V715w AIO printer constantly loses communication with my computer; how do I fix that?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am a network professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)
I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's both USB and network
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a corporate computer, I cannot give you access
I am not understanding how it is connected. How is it connected? You stated that it is connected both by usb & network.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, there is a USB connection to the computer and the printer can also be accessed via the network. It's two different printers in my list of printers. However, when one connection fails, both fail. The printer is an all-in-one, so it's also a scanner and that's how I know when I have a problem. The scanner can use the USB or network connection as well.
1) The printer is plugged into a computer and shared out via the network?
2) Do any of the other people who use it via the network have issues with the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the printer is plugged into the usb port of the computer, but as I said, my computer has 2 printers, one the usb connection and the other is the network connection. and yes, anyone who uses the network printer also has problems
Okay. You have two computers. Which one is the problem one? I am assuming it is the network priknter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i didn't say i had two computers, i said my computer has two different printers, the usb connection and the network connection. you asked me if others who used the network printer had the same problem and they do. neither printer connection remains connected; if the usb is the first to fail, the network connection no longer works; if the network connection fails first, then usb doesn't work either
My apologies. I meant to say printer.
The problem will require me to analyze the system. Is the remote not possible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
I see that a remote session is not possible.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and of course you know I meant that it was two "logical" printers; it's the same physical device
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, i'm Tim, as far as both failing after another, regardless of which fails first, is likely due to your local print service spoiler waiting on the wrong printer. I know this sounds dumb, but since we can't remote in which i understand, can you or have you tried disconnecting One or the other printer and see if either of them, on their own fail? - Tim