Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Network consultant for over 20 years.
25267123

I have a business in san marcos, tx with grande communications

Customer Question

I have a business in san marcos, tx with grande communications and their internet goes out sometimes. Well I have an office with 10 computers and can't afford to have that happen so I'm looking for a backup source for internet.
I tried my cell verizon provider and they didn't offer anything but a 15g plan for too much $$$ Are there any other units out there besides 'clear' as they are ending their service on November.
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! All major cell providers offer shareable broadband internet but the pricing is comparative to Verizon...have you checked with Sprint? I know their data plans are a bit cheaper...how do you plan to connect your computers to the backup internet though?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that's why I'm here asking this question

why you askin me?

Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Well the reason I ask is I don't know how you have your current system setup...some routers offer the ability to add a backup "aircard" for internet but that would depend on how you have your network configured currently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you get a better service provider 99% is a normal rate for failure and your's seem to be unacceptable cable is available and way better, do you really want to pay for two service providers because that is the only way to do it with a "backup":

http://www.yelp.com/biz/time-warner-cable-san-marcos

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pick-telecom-solutions-kyle-3