Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Problem with iPv4 connectivity, no internet, and cannot gain

Customer Question

problem with iPv4 connectivity, no internet, and cannot gain internet access. I show iPv6 connectivity inter net
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Did the problem with internet happen to both computers at the same time?
If so, was a Windows Update from Microsoft just applied and the systems restarted, in both cases? or some other case?
(The System Restore operations, if they succeeded, would have removed the updates, admittedly. I presume you got a 'success' message from System Restore in both cases.)
What error message comes up when you fail to connect?
What is the status of the lights on the Comcast modem/router ?
Do you access Internet by wireless? if so, please try connecting an Ethernet network cable to the Comcast router/modem, from the computer's Ethernet port, and see whether you can get Internet that way.
Let me know, please, and I will assist you with specific device depending upon the circumstances of your problem.