Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

We have been using a Ricoh MP161 past 6 years without

Customer Question

We have been using a Ricoh MP161 for the past 6 years without fail. Our faxes come into the machine and are forwarded to a PC that puts them into Outlook for distribution. It has worked great. I came in on a Tuesday morning and started having problems with the Fax to email operation as well as scan to email. The past week these process have worked off and on. Nothing consistent. I can fax out and I can use this as a network printer as normal. I talked to A Ricoh tech and was told our provider had to change something that doesn't work with this age of machine. Of course the ISP denies any changes. Any advise?
Category: Networking
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you with your networking question.
If you go to the PC and send a test email from there does it send please?
What about sending an email from Outlook on your computer does it send?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found your response. Yes the PC does send email and receives emails. Also, in the past 3 weeks its is back to working normally. I have to assume it was something to do with the ISP.