Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My HP Officejet 4500 sends messages that my wireless printer

Customer Question

My HP Officejet 4500 sends messages that my wireless printer is not on, even though it is. Just worked with an ATT tech to make sure wireless printer was recognizing modem and communicating. Printer is on and connected to wireless but when I hover over the printer icon in control panel, message reads "printer offline"
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried turning printer on and off. tried printing test page. document just sits in queue.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Was your wireless router recently reset, or did it recently suffer a power failure?
Can you still access wireless internet from your computer (access internet by wireless connection, that is) ?
What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?
Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it?
(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm working with an HP Tech right now, so I won't need any more asssistance...Thank you
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Very well. If you need further help after all, just post to this question again. Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was still charged $26.00 on my credit card.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I have no power, as a JustAnswer.com Expert, over billing and payments and subscription status and such matters, and must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
They will address your concerns with reasonable promptness, considering the hour (in North America, at least), I feel sure.