Christopher Love
Christopher Love,
Experience:  Owner at CJL & Associates
70121091

I'm not where my printer is, so I'm writing without any

Customer Question

Hi. I'm not where my printer is, so I'm writing without any specific information in front of me. I have a Canon Wireless Internet printer. I believe the model number begins with a '6'. It has no USB connection. I set it up without any issues when I purchased it a couple of years ago. Recently, I unplugged it to move it to another location in the same room, and since I've encountered this 'issue' I have with it now, I went as far as to place it within a foot of my router. The printer refuses to link-up. It shows that it is 'connecting', but it continues to throw an error message telling me to 'hold and release the 'WPS' button on the wireless. I do this to no avail. It displays my wireless network correctly and tries to connect, but won't. Can you help me with this limited amount of information?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Christopher Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Chris. Without the full model number, I can only suggest what has worked for me in similar circumstances. If you have the original installation disk, Install it on a PC on the network and follow the setup for Wireless install. If it detects the printer, you should be good to go.
Try that and see if it works.