Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have an Acer C720 Notebook. I want to print a document.

Customer Question

I have an Acer C720 Notebook. I want to print a document. So, I have attached the USB cord from my printer to the notebook but I am not able to print as it is a Cloud printer and is not compatible. There is a way to connect to my Canon print I know but I am getting lost in the quagmire! So help!
Thanks.
Category: Networking
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Could you please advise what model your Canon is exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canon MP280
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So at this time do you have the software for the canon printer installed yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Are you on Windows 7 or 8?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
chromebook and drivers were not installed on chromebook
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Ah, I see. Ok, and how did you install the canon software? Via CD, or download from the internet perhaps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just want to add a local printer. nothing is installed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe I should call Acer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Actually, we would just need to get the correct Canon software installed so that the printer can communicate with the chromebook
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that, looks like the MP280 does not have software for chromebook available...you would have to set it up via Google cloud print
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that. That is what I was trying to do but I am having trouble, obviously.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the confusion. So at this point where are you exactly in the cloud print setup ?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Launch Google Chrome on the computer attached to the same network as the printer. Make sure you are signed into your Google account within Chrome. Click the Menu button. Go to Settings. Select Show Advanced Settings from the bottom of the screen. Click the “Sign in to Google Print” button. This will allow you to connect your Google Account to the Google Print service. Tap Add Printer(s) The message will change instantly. Select Manage Your Printers. This will take you to Google Print. Select Printers from the menu on the left. Here you’ll see a list of printers connected to the computer you are using.When you print something from the Chrome browser, these printers will appear as output destinations. Set up a Cloud-Ready PrinterIf you have a cloud-connected printer, setup instructions vary by the brand of your printer. Don’t worry, Google has provided step-by-step instructions for every printer manufacturer with cloud-enabled hardware.Follow steps 1 – 8 above.Select Add a Cloud Ready Printer from the menu on the left side. This will take you to a Google Print page with instructions for cloud-enabled printers built by Canon, Dell, Epson, HP and Kodak. Find the manufacturer of your printer and follow the instructions to set up Google Print. How to Print Using Google PrintSelect the menu icon in the top-right corner of the Chrome Web browser. Choose Print from the drop-down menu. Select the desired printer by clicking Change… under Destination within the menu on the left side Pick the destination printer that works best for you. Tweak settings such as Page Range, Page Layout/Orientation, Margins, etc. Select Print from the options on the left side.