Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I forgot my password ***** my laptop.

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** my laptop.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
You will have to reinstall windows if you are unable to sign onto it, its the only way to remove the security and the whole point of the security with your password.
To do this, on the sign on screen, hold SHIFT and with it held down, click on the power icon in the bottom right and click restart.
Keep Shift held down until it has restarted and you are at a menu.
Choose Troubleshoot then reset your PC
Let this complete and when it has, windows is reinstalled, and you can set it up again.
As I said, its going to delete all your data, so if you need to keep your data, then only option is to take the computer into a computer store and have the hard drive removed and put into a different computer so the data can first be copied over, then do the instructions I gave to reinstall windows.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you