Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Network Architect
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt. Certified Network Engineer/Architect
23511658

I'm trying to view my bunker hill dvr remotely with a laptop

Customer Question

I'm trying to view my bunker hill dvr remotely with a laptop and a cell phone
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have open the Comcast router ports. Change the setting in the bunkerhill dvr.... I got nothing!
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
In and if you are able to access the DVR when you are on your local Wi-Fi network, then the only setting that could possibly be causing the problem is the port forwarding settings on your router. The easiest way to handle this is to make sure that the function of uPnP is enabled on your router. That will allow applications and devices to create mappings of ports that it needs for inbound communication. If you aren't able to do that in your router, then you will have to forward and external port to an internal port and IP address. Once you do that, then from the outside you'll be using the port you set up with your outside IP address. The port forwarding is what takes that port number and translates it to an internal IP address, thereby sending the incoming request to the DVR.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not able to access a the dvr on a local wifi network
What model DVR do you have?
What do you currently have your network settings set to?