Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

After a power outage my wireless router and modem will not

Customer Question

After a power outage my wireless router and modem will not connect to internet I have triedrecommended fixs power off 10 sec reset to avail Using someone else connection to gain acess any suggestions
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of your modem and your router?Are you trying wifi connections only, or wired also?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wifi only Bekin .F48
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you please test a direct wired ethernet connection from the belkin to one of your devices (laptop/desktop), that will help us to better isolate the source of the problem. Please also recheck your model number, there should be more to it than just F48
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that no change Model # ***** base router Balkin.f48
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is taking way too long I'm wasting my time and money thiswhole expierence has not been satisfactory
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry for the time involved, but I cannot help you without complete, detailed, and accurate information.There is more to the belkin than just f48. What else do you see on it?What modem are you using?What lights are showing on each (color, flashing/solid, etc)?